As professional Realtors in Naples, we receive many phone calls every day from our listing signs throughout the area and from our presence on the internet. Sometimes these calls are simply drive-bys wanting to know the price of a home for sale as they see one of our real estate signs in front of a house. Most times the phone calls evolve into providing a lot more information than just the asking price of a home. To best serve the interests of the caller, provide good information that answers their particular questions and give local knowledge that is pertinent and helpful, we need to ask some basic questions. Here are a few questions that we might ask up front to make the best use of precious time and to make sure that everyone involved is “on the same page”:
- Are you committed to another real estate agent? We don’t want to step on any toes nor do we want to be a source of information that should be provided by an agent with whom you are already working. If you are not working with some other agent, then we are able to be all ears and provide you with complete answers to all of your questions.
- What is your price range? Often buyers wander aimlessly into a neighborhood in which they are unfamiliar – and are surpirsed to learn the list price of the homes. After the initial shock wears off, we are able to point them into the right direction to neighborhoods that would be more suitable for their budget or needs.
- Do you have pets that need to be considered? Unless you are interested in a single family house in an ungated community, very likely that there will be some pet restrictions. If a property is under condo management or has a homeowner’s association, then it is guaranteed that there is a written policy regarding pet type, numbers and size.
- Are you in town right now? Many of the phone calls we receive come from locations in northern states, Canada or overseas. If you happen to be in town, then perhaps your need is more immediate. If there is a home or condo that peaks your interest and you would like to see the interior, it may require scheduling an appointment or picking up a key for access. The sooner we know that, the better chance we are able to accomodate your schedule.
- Is your home purchase for vacation time and rental income when home is not in use? Our area is full of restrictions when it comes to renting a property – restrictions by the HOAs and requirements by the county for registration.
Those are just a few of the questions we might ask up front when you call. There is a “method to the madness”, as you can see.
The more we know the better we can help you. Not ready to commit to a purchase yet? no problem, we believe in building relationships – when the time is right, we’ll both be ready.
Call us today @ 239-776-5077 and ask for Tim or Ellie
Our local knowledge and experience will prove to be beneficial to you in your home purchase.