Your Neighbor’s Home Sold, But Why Hasn’t Yours
It has been almost a year since you listed your home and three of your neighbors have already sold their homes within 6 months. It just doesn’t make sense. You agreed with your agent on a fair price, but still no offers… Why is this?
In real estate there are many reasons why buyers select certain homes. But there are also many reasons why buyers look away from homes. To ensure you are giving your home the best opportunity to sell in today’s market, make sure that your listing doesn’t fall into one of theses categories.
1) What’s on the outside? When selling your home you have to think like the buyer. As the seller, you do not want the outside of the house to make a negative impression before they even walk inside. Here’s a tip, walk outside and take a look at your home from the end of you driveway… is it appealing? Is the grass mowed, are the bushes trimmed and is the house CLEAN?
- Pressure washing your home is a sure way to give your home that new clean look that buyers are looking for.
- Also, something as easy as laying some fresh mulch along with adding seasonal flowers may give your home that one extra perk your neighbor doesn’t offer.
2) What impression are you giving buyers once they walk inside? It seems that everyone has an emotional tie to their home. As the seller you truly believe that everything about your home is perfect. Which is true… in your eyes. We need the buyer to believe it is perfect. Simple changes around the home can make it buyer ready.
- Remove personal photos – A few here and there are just fine. But if the buyer is too busy looking at photos of your grandkids then they are not really viewing your home. So remove anything that may be a distraction.
- Clutter – If a buyer notices clutter then that is what they will notice in each and every room. So instead of recognizing the inviting floor plan your home offers, or how spacious the rooms are…They are being distracted by the pile of stuff in the corner. Your are planning to move anyway, so start packing all the extras. That includes the extra glasses and dishes in your kitchen cabinets.
- Bring in the light! Buyers love “light and bright”. When it comes to home desirability…. Buyers love to see a home that is lit up or has natural light as it automatically puts them in a better mood when viewing the home.
3) What is your agent doing to sell your home? Advertising a home is not just putting it in the Sunday paper anymore or including it the Multiple Listing Service for other Realtors to view. In today’s world it is all about Internet marketing and networking. It would be overwhelming for one agent to do all the marketing needed..
- Does your agent have back up? Our team offers a full marketing campaign for each of our clients that list their home with us. We attend to every detail in marketing your home and exposing it to the largest number of potential buyers. You are not hiring one agent, but a team of three.
- We offer clients over 25 years experience in the real estate business, along with a Broker Associate on our team. With that type of experience and local knowledge, your home will receive the exposure it deserves.
- Interactive website with excellent presence on the Internet that attracts hundreds of visitors every day.
- We offer our detailed marketing plan in writing and we deliver what we promise. Check our Recently Sold page on our website.
Call Justin today at 239-404-9829 to receive a complimentary
home evaluation. We don’t just list your home for sale, we will get it SOLD!