Pelican Bay is kid friendly! Pelican Bay is the premier community in the Naples area and offers unique kid friendly amenities and a kid friendly location. The crowning jewel of the Pelican Bay amenities is the stretch of private beach with full service facilities including restaurants, beach store, restrooms, showers and beach attendants to equip your family with umbrellas, canopies, chairs and chaise lounges. What kid doesn’t love to ride in the “rumble seat” of the tram going out to the beach?
Pelican Bay is safe and secure – independent children don’t need to be supervised every minute of the day (Pelican Bay identification is needed to access the beach and all community facilities as well as security in street clothes and the watchful eyes of caring adults). There is not a better community for kids of all ages and, if you are a year around resident, the schools are the most desirable.
Here are some of the kid friendly activities and sights around Pelican Bay:
- Wildlife at the beach to experience includes dolphins surfacing in the Gulf of Mexico, manatees cruising the shoreline and the nests of loggerhead turtles.
- Other animals that you will see in and around Pelican Bay are otters, armadillos, turtles and alligators.
- Birds to check out are Anhingas, Ibis, Wood Storks, Herons, hawks, Egret, Roseate Spoonbills, Sandpipers, Terns and, of course, Pelicans.
- Pelican Bay will lend canoes and sailboats to residents and their guests.
- You can fish from the beach or the boardwalk that crosses over Clam Bay. Children under 16 do not need a fishing license to fish anywhere or from a boat.
- Tennis is available at both of the tennis centers and there are experienced USPTA pros who work with all ages and levels of play. Individual and group lessons are offered throughout the year and there is a special summer clinic for kids.
- Pelican Bay is heaven for bicycling. Either on the berm or peddling around the community, the cycling is very popular. If you need to purchase or rent a bike, go to nearby Naples Cyclery (www.NaplesCyclery.com)
- The community center is a hub of activity and you will find activities, sports, classes as well as a top flight fitness center with personal trainers available.
Immediately surrounding Pelican Bay, there is the Pavillion shopping center at the north end which has the newly renovated movie theater, Naples Cyclery bike shop, restaurants, shops and the world famous Royal Scoop ice cream shop. Waterside Shops at the southwest corner of Pelican Bay has kid friendly stores such as Gap Kids and Baby Gap. Barnes and Noble is located at the corner of Tamiami Trail (Route 41) and Seagate Drive.
On the east side of Tamiami Trail and just north of Vanderbilt Drive is the Mercato retail area with lots of restaurants, shops, Whole Foods as well as kid friendly places such as Grace & Shelly’s Cupcakes and Gigi’s Childrens Boutique. Within Pelican Bay, there are the world class cultural and musical performances at Artis (formerly known as “The Phil”). Right around the corner at the end of Seagate Drive, the county beach park of Clam Pass is a well kept secret and a great change of pace.
Mom and Dad – check out the homes, villas and condos for sale in Pelican Bay by clicking on the links below:
Thinking of selling, buying or relocating to our beautiful Naples? Call Tim Cranch at 239-272-4848 or Ellie Penaranda at 239-776-5077
LOCAL KNOWLEDGE. GLOBAL MARKETING. RESULTS.