I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself, the services that I provide, and what I can do to help you make your property a great rental income opportunity!!
I am a full-time Realtor in the area and have extensive local knowledge and experience you will benefit from. I have good resources to provide you with tremendous exposure for your listing and my experience in handling tenants will prove beneficial in creating repeat tenants.
I can help you with all your Real Estate needs every step of the way. Our office offers a full range of sales, rental and property management services.
When you list your property with me, you are not just a number. I do extensive marketing to maximize your exposure. Your property will be listed in the Sunshine MLS system, on our website here, on Downing-Frye Realty’s website (a very powerful marketing tool) and on Realtor.com (the #1 consumer website for real estate).
I have a reputation for hard work, customer service, great connections and getting the job done!! Downing-Frye Realty has over 600 realtors and most of these Realtors will call me for their rental needs. I will leave no stone unturned in attempting to lease or sell your property. I also offer generous co-broke commissions to the other Realtors to entice them to bring their clients.
A seasonal lease is defined as any furnished rental that is for 6 months or less. The owner pays for all utilities including cable, electricity, high speed internet, water, pool and lawn care.
Typically, all seasonal tenants pay the Tourism Tax as part of their lease agreement. Owners register their properties with the County and State authorities to facilitate the collection and payment of the Tourism Tax (Collier County at 10% and Lee County at 11%).
Option 1: 10% of Gross Lease plus $100 Administrative Fee
With this listing, I am NOT responsible for doing anything but finding the Tenant, writing the lease, application to the board, and collection of initial funds. Although this is how I initially began all my listings, I have found this is not a feasible scenario. The Tenant always calls me, the Realtor, with all their issues, questions and concerns. I never want to turn a Tenant away and not help.
I find properties always need to be cleaned, carpets cleaned or touch-up paint job prior to Tenants arrival. There always seems to be light bulbs that are burnt out, keys that don’t work, garage door openers that don’t work and so much more. I would only be interested in this type of listing if owner lived locally and was equipped to handle all the Tenants needs in an efficient and timely manner.
This is a finder’s fee only.
Commission is due upon commencement of lease.
Option 2: 17% of Gross Lease plus $100 Administrative Fee
This is my most preferred way of listing your property. I will assist you in coordinating cleanings, repairs, lost keys, painting and any other issues that arise before, during, and after your tenants occupancy.
- Respond to all inquiries and answer the multitude of questions asked
- Process applications
- Collect tenant deposits
- Direct deposit funds into your account
- Prepare Lease Agreement
- Conduct initial and final walk-through with every reservation
- Attend to tenants needs during their stay
- Pay vendors for monthly services (pool, landscaping, pest control, etc.)
- Downing-Frye pays the Tourist Tax due on your behalf for both the County and State
- Provide you with a monthly statement
Commission is due upon commencement of lease.
PLEASE NOTE THAT DURING TIME THE PROPERTY IS NOT LEASED THROUGH DOWNING-FRYE WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR VERIFYING/CHECKING THE CONDITION AND ARE NOT PROVIDING HOME WATCH SERVICES UNLESS AGREED UPON.
- Recommended: VRBO.com, the #1 website for vacation rentals – $349 to $500/per yr.
- Home Watch Services – $35 per visit.
- I am happy to assist you with other miscellaneous items when you are not in town – hourly rate $40/hour.
- Painting, Remodeling, Furnishing & Decorating – prices depend on size and type of job.
What I will need from you:
We are extremely busy writing several leases per day, showing multiple clients on a daily basis and handling property and tenant issues. In order for us to be productive and not exhaust our energies gathering the pieces for the listing, we ask the owner to provide at the time of the listing the following:
- 3 copies of keys (2 for Tenants and 1 for us to keep in case of an emergency).
- Mailbox keys, pool or clubhouse keys, all garage door and gate openers.
- If the property is furnished I request an inventory of furnishings.
- Copies of all applications to the board and contact information.
- The HOA or condo property management companies do not inform us when rules, application procedures or fees change. They send this information to the Owners. PLEASE let me know if there are any changes. Your tenants need to stay informed of changes, too.
Due to the amount of time and energy I put into setting up and marketing your listing, I ask for at least a 12-month listing agreement. If the property is well maintained and priced correctly, it will rent quickly at top dollar based on time of year and inventory on market.