Pelican Bay enjoys a loyalty like no other community in the Naples area. We have clients who have moved five times during their residence in Naples – all five moves have been within Pelican Bay. These folks started with an entry level low rise condo, made a Gulf of Mexico view the priority and moved to a high rise condo, came back to Earth into a villa for ground floor living, upgraded to a spacious single family home and finally to a larger single family home to accommodate a growing family. Why do people love this community so much that they refuse to leave? It’s not complicated. The short answer is central location, the beach, community amenities, active lifestyle, friendly people and a wide price range over different types of homes.
Why Do Buyers Choose This Community?
- Amenities that are unparalleled in Southwest Florida. Pelican Bay offers the only private beach within a community and includes two locations for beach facilities. Both the north and south beach facilities offer full restaurant and bar service, water craft rentals, beachside service by attendants for chairs, umbrellas and chaise lounges, outdoor showers, exercise platforms for organized classes in the mornings and electric trams for transportation back and forth through along the mangrove boardwalk. Three miles of private beach stretch from Clam Pass to the south up to the Ritz Carlton Beach Hotel to the north.
- More amenities……two tennis centers offering every level of play, instruction and coaching, organized play, tournaments, programs for kids, lighted courts and pro shops.
- Even more amenities…….the community center is a hub of activity with a state-of-the-art fitness center, wellness spa, computer room, meeting rooms, card tables, library, schedule of events and classes for everything under the Florida sun including oil painting and yoga.
- Wait…….there are more amenities! Parks, walking paths, lakes, preserved natural areas, private golf club and the “berm” which is a path running north / south between the high rise condos and the mangrove. The tram system operates along this multi-use pathway to shuttle people back and forth and out to the beach facilities.
- While we’re talking about amenities, the cost to the homeowners of Pelican Bay is $2,020 per year. Yes, you read it correctly. It’s absolutely the best value, best deal in all of Naples. Each and every owner in Pelican Bay pays this annual fee to the Pelican Bay Foundation to maintain all of the common grounds and amenities. Each and every homeowner enjoys the full list of outstanding amenities. If your home is a single family home that is not behind a gate or part of another association, then it’s the only HOA fee that you are paying. Condos, villas and single family homes in an association within the community have their own additional quarterly fees. Call us or send an email for specifics – there are 90 separate neighborhoods in Pelican Bay.
- Great location near beaches, near conveniences, near restaurants and shopping, near every day needs, banks, pharmacies and good access to surrounding areas. The Market Place at Pelican Bay is a shopping center in the northeast corner of the community which has one of the newest Publix grocery stores. Waterside is a high end retail center at the south end of the community. The heart of Olde Naples is 15 minutes away by car.
- Range of homes for sale and variety of home types – condos, villas and luxury single family homes. Price range is from mid-$300’s to sky is the limit with everything in between.
- Architecturally, the small intimate neighborhoods within the community offer traditional, contemporary, West Indies coastal, the Old World charm of the Mediterranean region of Europe, some brand new custom homes with modern coastal architectural touches and more. All styles are surrounded with the lush tropical landscape of Southwest Florida.
- Excellent community reputation.
- Social activities surrounding the clubhouse, golf, the beach facilities, tennis and community center.
- The private golf course is exceptional. Arthur Hills designed the 27 hole course. Also, there is a social membership available to enjoy the dining at the clubhouse. There are many other opportunities to play golf nearby. After all, Naples is the self proclaimed “Golf Capital of the World”.
- If boating is your thing, you have many options for keeping a power boat or a sailboat close by to the community.
- Parks and trails – miles worth for walking, jogging and bicycling. Exercise, fitness and outdoor activities are a way of life here. Cycling is huge and you will see people of all ages using their bicycles as their daily means of transportation.
- Tennis is popular and very well organized here. The tennis program has earned national honors by the USTA and plays on 18 courts between the two location within the community. They keep a busy schedule of league play, tournaments, round robins, instruction and more. It’s very easy to find someone of the same skill level for a game.
- Excellent Collier County school system – Seagate Elementary School, Pine Ridge Middle School and Barron Collier High School
Looking for a Home in Pelican Bay?
What’s Going on Near Pelican Bay?
- Across the street from Pelican Bay, Mercato offers restaurants, nightlife, shops and boutiques, coffee shop, cigar bar, deli, Nordstrom Rack and much more. Mercato is also home to Whole Foods and the Silverspot movie theater. Check out everything offered here at www.MercatoShops.com
- Just to the north of Mercato is Trader Joe’s and more retail, restaurants and shopping.
- Across the street from Pelican Bay to the north is the Pavilion Shopping Center which features the Naples Cyclery Bike Shop, the Fit & Fuel Cafe, restaurants, a newly renovated movie theater, LA Fitness and the world famous Royal Scoop ice cream parlor.
- Beaches, beaches and more beautiful beaches. Aside from having your own exclusive beach club dedicated to residents of Pelican Bay and their guests, you have convenient access to Clam Pass Beach Park, Lowdermilk Park, Barefoot Beach, Vanderbilt Beach and Delnor – Wiggins State Beach Park. You are just minutes away from some of the best beaches in the world.
- Nearby hotels for overflow guests during the holidays include the newly renovated Naples Grande Beach Resort (which shares the facilities with Clam Pass Park and caters their food and beverage service), the Ritz Carlton Beach Hotel and the Inn at Pelican Bay.
- Artis Naples (formerly know as “The Phil” by locals) offers world class shows by entertainers, musicians, orchestras and stage productions. The Naples Museum of Art is next door to Artis Naples.
- Olde Naples is 15 minutes away. Check out Fifth Avenue South and Third Street South.
- Check out www.365ThingsToDoInNaplesFL.com for more things to do and events in the area.
- Check out the community website for more information about Pelican Bay: www.PelicanBay.org
What Type of Buyers Are Attracted to Pelican Bay?
Pelican Bay enjoys a great cross section of people who value ‘lifestyle’. Families with school age children seek it out because of access to nearby schools. Active people are attracted to the community because of the lifestyle, the beach, social aspects, tennis and golf. We have many full time residents in Pelican Bay as well as second home residents that are still splitting their time between the northern states and Southwest Florida. Any way that you slice it, you will encounter like minded people no matter your age or interests. Lifestyle without any compromises…….what’s not to like?
You Really Want to Find or Sell a Home in Pelican Bay, Right?
If you are thinking of buying or selling a home in Pelican Bay, our local knowledge and experience as local, full time professional Realtors will prove beneficial to you. We know Pelican Bay. Contact us via email or by phone.
Tim Cranch@StepsToTheBeach.com Ellie@StepsToTheBeach.com
(239) 272-4848 (239) 776-5077