Do you want to be on the water but enjoy a one level home? As real estate prices rise and neighborhoods transition with new construction, single family homes that enjoy one level living are becoming harder to find. Between the land value and FEMA regulations, the new homes that are being built have to incorporate a lot of stairs and sometimes elevators. Also, the price of the land or cost of a “tear down” dictates big square footage in the new construction.
Typically, a one level home on the water is going to be a resale that was built a few years ago. Some have already been remodeled and some have the potential of being amazing homes after a renovation. Certainly, not everything old has to be torn down. They only made so much waterfront property so, your investment is protected one way or another.
Here are some considerations for purchasing a one level single family home on the water in Naples:
- Location – what do you want to be near? Different locations come with different price tags, too.
- Are you after the water view? Lots of people appreciate the water without owning a boat.
- What exposure do you prefer? It’s a personal preference – some want a southern or southwest exposure on the pool but some people seek a more shaded backyard.
- Do you want to be able to walk to the beach?
- Are you up for a renovation or do you want something that is already done?
- Can I move an interior wall or change the ceiling height?
- Choose a property that has the features you want that are unique and can’t be changed or added. You can alter the house itself. You cannot add a new boathouse nowadays, you cannot change exposure or move the house to the end of the cul-de-sac.
- Is the boating a priority? What about Gulf of Mexico access? Is bridge height an issue for your boat? Do you need no bridge Gulf access for a sailboat?
- What is the potential for a particular property for renovation?
- How much total investment in a renovation can the neighborhood support?
Call us for the answers to your questions. We live on the water in a one level home and we know the waterfront neighborhoods. There are many factors to consider and we can guide you to make the right decision for your own situation and budget.
Click link below to Check out some of the one level waterfront and canal homes for sale:
ONE LEVEL CANAL HOMES in CONNERS of VANDERBILT BEACH
ONE LEVEL WATERFRONT HOMES in ROYAL HARBOR – NO BRIDGES
ONE LEVEL WATERFRONT HOMES in PARK SHORE, MOORINGS & COQUINA SANDS
ONE LEVEL WATERFRONT HOMES in AQUALANE SHORES & PORT ROYAL
As full time real estate professionals, we represent both buyers and sellers in the Naples. If you are a seller, we market your home to local, national and international buyers for the best results. If you are a buyer, we listen well and will find your own “Piece of Paradise” at the best negotiated price and terms.
Tim Cranch at 239-272-4848 or Ellie Penaranda at 239-776-4848