Thinking of making a real estate purchase in our beautiful Naples? You might find the following data important. Thinking of selling a home in Naples? Timing couldn’t be any better as the inventory is still in favor of the sellers and the market sales activity strong since the start of the year.
“ORLANDO, Fla. – Nov. 20, 2013 – Florida’s housing market continued its upswing in October 2013, with more closed sales, higher median prices, more new listings and a stabilizing supply of homes for sale, according to the latest housing data released by Florida Realtors®.
- “Florida’s economy continues to improve, and that’s good news for the housing market,” says 2013 Florida Realtors President Dean Asher, broker-owner with Don Asher & Associates Inc. in Orlando. “October marks 23 months in a row that statewide median sales prices rose year-over-year for both single-family homes and for townhouse-condo properties. Last month, the median days on market (the midpoint of the number of days it took for a property to sell) was 46 days for single-family homes and 48 days for townhouses and condos. That means 50 percent of homes on the market in Florida sell in less than two months.
- “On average, sellers received about 94 percent of their asking price in October. Interested home sellers are paying attention to this positive trend and entering the market, which in turn is helping to stabilize inventory levels.”
- Statewide closed sales of existing single-family homes totaled 18,728 in October, up 6.5 percent compared to the year-ago figure, according to data from Florida Realtors Industry Data and Analysis department in partnership with local Realtor boards/associations. Closed sales typically occur 30 to 90 days after sales contracts are written.
- Meanwhile, pending sales – contracts that are signed but not yet completed or closed – for existing single-family homes last month rose 3.4 percent over the previous October, and new listings increased 16.4 percent. The statewide median sales price for single-family existing homes last month was $169,000, up 16.6 percent from the previous year. The median is the midpoint; half the homes sold for more, half for less.
- According to the National Association of Realtors (NAR), the national median sales price for existing single-family homes in September 2013 was $199,300, up 11.4 percent from the previous year. In California, the statewide median sales price for single-family existing homes in September was $428,810; in Massachusetts, it was $325,000; in Maryland, it was $256,672; and in New York, it was $230,000.
- Inventory was at a 5.5-months’ supply in October for single-family homes and at a 5.6-months’ supply for townhouse-condo properties, according to Florida Realtors”.According to Freddie Mac, the interest rate for a 30-year fixed-rate mortgage averaged 4.19 percent in October 2013, up from the 3.38 percent average recorded during the same month a year earlier.
To see the full statewide housing activity reports, visit the research page on Florida Realtors’ website. “
Sales activity in Naples for October 2013:
# of Sold Homes: 702 (in comparison to 736 in September)
# of Pending Sales: 498 (in comparison to 345 in September)
Thinking of Selling your home in Naples? Click Here for a FREE Market Valuation of your home
Naples FL Communities We Serve: Aqualane Shores (Boating) – Olde Naples (Beach Cottages & Luxury Estates) – Coquina Sands (Beach & Bay) – The Moorings (Beach & Bay) – Park Shore (Beach & Bay) – Seagate – Pelican Bay (Beach & Golf) – Pelican Marsh – Vanderbilt Beach (Beach Front) – Connors (Boating) – Naples Park (Walk to Beach) – Monterey – Autumn Woods – The Dunes (Resort Style) – Pelican Isle Yacht Club Condominiums (Boating) – Tarpon Cove – Audubon Country Club (Golf) – Banyan Woods – Vineyards –
Bonita Springs FL Communities We Serve: Barefoot Beach (Beach & Boating) – Bonita Beach (Beach Front Homes & Condos) – Highland Woods (Bundled Golf) – Spanish Wells (Golf) – Vanderbilt Lakes (Lake View Homes)