Thinking about retirement? Should you purchase your future retirement home now? Should you relocate now? Why would it be advantageous to buy a retirement home or condo now before actual retirement?
Many people are nowadays preparing ahead for retirement and, of course, a lot of those folks are considering Florida as their destination – do you blame them? Naples & Bonita Springs are beautiful cities to live, retire and play. There is a growing group of future retirees who are planning their home or condo purchases in advance of their actual retirement for good reasons. If your retirement is 1 to 5 yrs away, you might want to consider the following:
- Prices are going up. The Law of Supply and Demand has a firm foothold in our market area and we’ve witnessed a steady trend of closed sale prices increasing as inventory continues to shrink.
- Interest rates are at historic lows. Although you might be thinking that you would own a property free and clear of debt in retirement, it might be advantageous use of your money to mortgage the purchase for tax purposes. Your personal bottom line may be healthier with a mortgage interest deduction. Also, it is typically easier to qualify for a home mortgage loan while you are still employed.
- Your property can be rented on a short term seasonal basis until you are ready to live there full time. Many of our clients have bought homes well in advance of occupying the property themselves. By making an intelligent property investment now, you can enjoy a positive cash flow until you are ready to make it your retirement home.
- Establish Florida residency to benefit from no state income tax. If you are in a position to live in your Florida home or condo for six months (plus one day), then you can qualify as a full time Florida resident. Aside from awesome year ’round weather, you will not be paying state income tax ever again.
- Apply for the Homestead Exemption. If you qualify as a full time Florida resident, then you should apply for the Homestead Exemption. This reduces your property tax obligation by adjusting the assessed value. Click here for more information – Florida Homestead Exemption
- You have options in all price ranges in the Naples and Bonita Springs area. Contact us to help you learn about all of the possibilities including new construction in planned developments. Our local market area offers all kinds of housing in a very wide price range. We guarantee that there is a home, villa or condo within your budget that has the lifestyle and amenities to satisfy your needs now and in your retirement.
Click on the links below for just a sample of your options:
Homes, Villas and Condos for Sale in Pelican Bay
Beachfront Condos for Sale in Naples
Beachfront Condos for Sale on Bonita Beach
Single Family Homes for Sale west of Route 41
Canal Homes for Sale in the Vanderbilt Beach Area
Canal Homes for Sale in the Royal Harbor Area
Sample of Properties for Sale between $250,000 and $500,000
Sample of Properties for Sale between $500,000 and $1M
Sample of Properties in Bundled Golf Communities
Condos for Sale in Olde Naples
As full time real estate professionals, we represent both buyers and sellers in Naples. If you are a seller, we market your home to local, national and international buyers for the best results. If you are a buyer, we listen well and will help you find your own “Piece of Paradise” at the best negotiated price.
Tim Cranch at 239-272-4848 Ellie Penaranda at 239-776-5077