Conners at Vanderbilt Beach is a sought after waterfront community of 500 canal homes with boating access to the Gulf of Mexico. Power boaters like the quick access to the Gulf through Wiggins Pass with only one bridge at a 20′ clearance. Beach lovers come to this neighborhood because it is walking distance to both Vanderbilt Beach and Delnor-Wiggins State Beach Park. If your only interest is having a water view and enjoying the lifestyle that comes along with living on the water, that is reason enough to consider a home in Conners. Although a boat is not in our immediate future, we chose to renovate a home with a wider water view just to capture the vibe and the view of being waterfront in Naples. Aside from the calming effect that goes along with being near water, it is interesting and entertaining every day with dolphins, manatees, rays, all kinds of fish and seahorses swimming by the dock along with osprey, eagles, herons, egrets and other birds overhead.
The neighborhood is transitioning quickly as new homes are filling in a few vacant lots and taking the place of “tear downs” as well as renovation projects updating the architectural landscape. There is no formal homeowners association, no community gate and no architectural design restrictions to dictate a particular look so, the neighborhood enjoys a variety of custom homes. No two homes are the same. Meanwhile, there is an ongoing public utilities project being completed by Collier County that is replacing underground water and sewer pipes. This work is coordinated with FPL to put all of the electric power lines underground, too. When completed in the near future, there will no overhead power lines and all of the streets will have new asphalt pavement. Conners will be looking better than ever before!
Aside from the benefits of living on the water and near the beaches, the Conners community enjoys a great location near restaurants, shops, conveniences, theaters, cultural venues, a county library, hospitals, medical offices, nightlife, hotels including the beachfront Ritz Carlton and La Playa properties, grocery stores including Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s and Publix locations, entertainment attractions, marinas, a public boat ramp, the state beach park, tennis courts and several public parks.
Check out the bullet points below with some informative details about the Conners community. If you have an interest in purchasing a home or a buildable lot in the neighborhood, call us for more detail and guidance in making the right decision for you. The price range for homes on the resale market is currently from $900,000 for an older home with northern exposure to more than $6M for a newer contemporary located in a prime location on one of three streets across from the beach. You’ll find a couple of links below with all of the homes for sale and the vacant lots on the market.
- There are 504 canal front properties on Vanderbilt Lagoon and 13 beachfront properties on Vanderbilt Beach
- 14 streets are cul-de-sacs off of Vanderbilt Drive
- 3 streets are on the west side off of Gulf Shore Drive; these streets have the rare combination of being on canals and deeded access to the beach right across the street; there is a premium some buyers are willing to pay for this rarity.
- At this time, there are 35 vacant lots but only a few available for sale.
- All together, there are only 48 “tip” properties (at the very end of the cul-de-sac) with about 30 of those having great views; taking away others that will not be coming on the market for several reasons, it leaves very few opportunities to acquire a “tip” location at whatever premium you might be willing to pay. You have to be ready to pounce if you are intent on such a special site.
- In the entire neighborhood, 230 sites have southern or southwestern exposure on the back of the house; the exposure is a personal preference but the basis of people having strong opinions about this topic is the amount of sun your pool and backyard will get particularly in the winter months; please note that the height of the house itself is important here – a one level home with northern exposure might have plenty of sun on the pool year around while a new construction, multi-level house with northern exposure is not going to have a drop of sun on the pool at anytime.
- The widest canal in the community is between the south side of Conners Avenue and the north side of Seabee Avenue. There are 24 homes that enjoy the bigger view and the extra space to navigate a boat.
There are opportunities currently on the market for renovation projects, newer construction, tear downs and move-in ready homes. The inventory is low at this time, the community is looking better every day and they aren’t making any more waterfront property so prices are only moving up as we go forward. Click on the links below. Call us today.
Homes For Sale in Conners of Vanderbilt Beach
Vacant Canal Lots for Sale in Conners of Vanderbilt Beach
As full time real estate professionals, we represent both buyers and sellers in the Naples. If you are a seller, we market your home to local, national and international buyers for the best results. If you are a buyer, we listen well and will find your own “Piece of Paradise” at the best negotiated price and terms.
Tim Cranch at 239-272-4848 or Ellie Penaranda at 239-776-4848